Friday, February 26, 2016

It Was Diemer! Thanks MG

My last post was about a cornerstone-laying ceremony that took place back in 1947.

http://accidentalhistory.blogspot.com/2016/02/masonic-cornerstone-ceremony-1947.html.

In that post, I asked if anyone knew where this took place.  One reader posted:

I believe this may the laying of the cornerstone for Diemer Hall on the UCM campus. I have seen some of these photos in the UCM Archives, and I believe they are the same.

So I went to Diemer and took a look.  Here's the very same stone that was featured in the last blog.

The Simmons Studio collection of negatives also shows Diemer Hall as it looked when it was completed in 1947.
Students parked their cars out on Maquire Street.

They don't do that anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Great story and comment. I enjoy the heck out of these pictures you are finding Peggy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story and comment. I enjoy the heck out of these pictures you are finding Peggy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete