Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Check Out These Low Prices

I did a quick search on the internet and you can still get men's cloth coats on Amazon.com for about the same price.  They even look kind of the same as these coats - only shorter and not as elegant.  I think this is a picture of a store window at Rosenthals taken in the late '40s or early '50s - which, in my opinion, was the peak period for cool clothes for both men and women.


Modern cloth coat for $24.99 (See, it just isn't as cool.)

Speaking of great clothes and low prices.  Here's another picture from the same period.  

See the woman in the background.  Actually, I hate the skirt with the tiny pompoms around the knees, but I wish I had her waistline.

7-Up for 95 cents a case.  She should stock up.



3 comments:

  1. I like her purposeful stride..pompoms & all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her purposeful stride..pompoms & all

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coat made me think of Ronald Reagan. He bought an expensive coat right after WWII and wore it for the rest of his life. I wonder if it is now in the Smithsonian.

    ReplyDelete