Sunday, December 6, 2015

When Trick Photography Goes Horribly Wrong

I think the photographer double exposed this negative to make it look like this was an open-air structure with only a cloudy sky for a roof.  It's a mystery to me how, and why, he did this.  Another mystery to me is how Lisa Irle was able to recognize this building.


She got her first clue when I showed her the picture of this kitchen.
"It looks like the kitchen in one of the buildings at Knob Noster State Park," she said.  

Then I showed her the double exposed picture. She went immediately to her copy of the First Annual Photo News Edition of The Star-Journal, June, 1939 and opened it to this page.

There it is! The right hand page right in the middle. Do you see it.  It's the same fireplace, the same support beams along the ceiling.


That woman really knows her reference collection.




5 comments: